Re: Plug Color Mystery

To: "Marc Sayer" <marcsayer@home.com>
Subject: Re: Plug Color Mystery
From: "Nathan Ruffcorn" <nruff@famvid.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 19:39:27 -0600
Thanks Teddy and Marc for the replies!  LOTS of great detail information was
given.  Your right, it does sound like an overly lean situation.  I am
*hoping* that all I need to do is check valve clearances, although I set
them at the time of rebuild and just checked them again last fall-probably
driven less than 250 miles since then.  I hope to get to it within the next
several weeks.  Marc's info about uneven intake flow doesn't sound like fun
at all.  I will definitely exhaust all other options before considering
intake manifold modification.  Maybe the problem will cure itself (yeah
right!)

BTW, could someone forward intake and exhaust valve clearances for the 2L.
All I can find is my 1965 "Glenn's Foreign Car Repair" (fun to browse all
the old, ~strange~ foreign cars but no SRL's)-I think the roadster gremlin
ate the other manual? <g>  Man I miss the ListQuest Archives! Escribe just
isn't the same.

Thanks again for your input.
Nathan