Re: Engine lifting points

To: "John Hogan" <mad@madgrizzle.com>
Subject: Re: Engine lifting points
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 20:28:21 -0500
The rear mount is connected to the last 2 manifold studs on the verticle.
The front should be connected to a stud on the front of the head.

I also had this problem on a parts car I bought. I connected the rear chain
to a manifold stud and on the front I used a chain on the stud in the head.

Dump the L brackets as they're useless on a roadster Use a nut and large
washer on the chain when connected to the studs.

Yes the manifold stud will hold up when pulling the engine use a large
fender washer against the head to prevent the chain from gouging the head.
No, it's not the best way to pull an engine but I did it with no problems
whatsoever. Bent the stud slightly.

Mike