lowering front end

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: lowering front end
From: WBoyd1959@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 19:40:07 EST
I'm new to the group, so if this has been covered ad nauseum, I apologize in
advance.

I have a an early 67 1600; put on 15" Panasport rims with Toyo  195X 50
series tires. Front end sits way to high off of tires and needs lowering.
Rode in a car with Comp springs and it was extremely stiff; too much for me.
Need to lower about 1 3/4" or so. Maybe as much as 2".

Some other Roadster owners have cut off one coil from the fronts, or heat on
end and collapse one coil. Is either method OK, or is their a better way.  I
heard there is a kit out there somewhere that's made for 510's and Z's that
you install with new springs and allows for adjustment by a threaded sleeve
both up and down.

What to do........?

Thanks