RE: lowering front end

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: lowering front end
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 09:56:33 -0800
Z's and 510's use MacPherson strut front suspension, and coilover kits are
readily available for them. The roadster suspension is different (double A-arm).
Doing an adjustable front suspension would require quite a bit of fabrication.

I think cutting the springs would be preferable to heating them. Just be sure
you find a shop that does good quality suspension work. A little bit of
difference between the springs can make a big difference in the effective spring
rate and ride height. Since the springs are a minor pain to get in and out, you
only want to do this exercise once.

Remember to cut down the bump stops if you do this, or else it will bottom out.
And be sure to get the front end realigned afterwards.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA