Re: Trusting List members or roadster owners..

To: efris@qwest.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trusting List members or roadster owners..
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 07:57:18 -0800
I remember having a conversation with a SoCalROC bud who told me a guy
wanted to "buy" one of his cars by first taking the car and seeing if he
liked it or not. The guy also said he would paint it and if he didn't like
it he would return the car and expect my buddy to pay for it.

Right.

I my bud that the only people I front parts or cars to are my family,
lifelong friends, or in some cases my SoCalROC buds because I know them.  I
am not really commenting on the specific case talked about on the list but
in general. If I want to buy a car I need to see the pink slip before any
cash changes hands. If I am selling a car it is "show me the money" before I
sign the pink.

It's not personal, it's business. I enjoy being friends with my SoCalROC and
list buds and I will do them favors when I can. Whenever I have sold parts
to people on this list I have always received prompt payment.  I was guilty
of not sending a part that someone had paid for because I forgot. When he
asked for a refund I apologized profusely and sent him a refund. We all make
mistakes.

I remember the first rule of Las Vegas and it applies almost everywhere.
"It's your money. Keep your eyes on it."

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
1964 1500
1967.5 2000 (in 1000 pieces)