RE: Trusting List members or roadster owners..

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Trusting List members or roadster owners..
From: "Mitch Planck" <mitch@ias.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:37:25 -0500
I may be a bit too trusting sometimes, but that's how I like it. Last year
when I bought my second non-running roadster, I hadn't met the owner, had
only seen the car once, and sent the money for it to him with just a couple
conversations on the phone. I got receipts from him and he held it until I
was ready to go pick it up and it all worked out fine.  I tend to think that
99+ percent of people are good and honest and until I'm smacked in the face
with that being a fallacy multiple times I'll continue to believe that.

Also, I'm on several mailing lists and this is my favorite one. It has the
nicest people that help each other and the least amount of flame wars and
bitching at others. Lots of good info for my future plans too.

Mandatory roadster content:
While it's been way to cold outside to work on my project, I've been
thinking about my next move. I need to transform two non-running 1600s into
one nice, running car. The result may or may not be a 1600, I haven't
decided on that yet. The '70 has a decent body, no interior, unknown
drivetrain condition and other missing parts. The '69 has a crappy body,
decent drivetrain, partially decent interior, and lots of spare parts. My
current plan is to finish removal of the body from the '70, which has all
the body bolts removed and other things done to facilitate this. After
building a platform to put the body on, I'll remove it and start work on the
frame, brakes, and suspension and also remove the engine, for now. That's my
plan for this year, so I'll see how it's worked out come autumn. I also have
big plans for a garden, possibly building onto my garage and paving the
driveway, finishing the attic, and finishing a room I built in the basement
this winter, so we'll see.

Mitch Planck
'69 1600
'70 1600