Re: Old gasoline

To: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Subject: Re: Old gasoline
From: Steve Harvey <stevenh@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:51:50 -0600
Gary,

If the tank doesn't have pin holes in it but it's rusted inside, don't give up
yet. I had
the same situation and after removing and draining the tank I took it to a
local radiator
shop. Most shops sell a reconditioning system that cleans the tank and then
coats the
interior with a tar looking material. They should check the metal thickness as
well to
determine if there is enough metal remaining after cleaning. I had mine done
ten years ago
and no problems so far.

Good luck
Steve Harvey