Re: Old gasoline

To: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Subject: Re: Old gasoline
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:35:10 -0800
> ...I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea as to what I can expect
> to find in the tank of my Roadster when I get started...

Well, in my case I found a pound of whitish powder... The gasoline had
all evaporated, the tank was full of pinholes and dust (toxic, heavy-metal
stuff, I'm sure). That was after the car sat for about a dozen years.
Hopefully yours has fared much better.

As far as old gas, sorry but I think I win. I've got a tank of 1979 premium
leaded (not in a Roadster) - and whoo does that stuff smell bad! Makes
disposal difficult - I've tried mixing a bit with fresh gas in the lawn mower,
but the stench is incredible.

-- John