Re: lugs (now which corvair??)

To: lou daly <lou_daly@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: lugs (now which corvair??)
From: Russell Southwell <rulee@cityscape.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:37:09 -0600
standard lugs are still available, the corvair lugs are longer and
probably fit the thicker
wheels. I just checked two of the Shelby "500" 14x6 5 bean mags I have
been polishing in anticipation of spring.  with dial calipers thickness
is .951 for one, .901
on the other holes avarage .68. I'll have to pull the others off one of
my spare roadsters, and check them, but seems that using stock roadster
studs with thicker
wheels you woould need  a greater depth  than .50 0r .55  on #5302.
# 8202, #1740, 8102 all measure .75 for depth.. Also you would have to
take in consideration wether to use washers or not. the two I have
checked one is cut for a washer, one is not, I'll haave to pull the
others and check.
so before you go to the web site to order, check the thickness of the
wheels, size of holes, and length and threads on your car . PO could
have put different studs on, or broaken some off as I found. Your wheels
may not be the same as the next guys,
saves problemms to check before you order.
Russ Southwell 70 1600