Re: another steering question (i.e. Rack & Pinion)

To: "Richard Wright" <duntov1@attbi.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: another steering question (i.e. Rack & Pinion)
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:54:25 -0500
I don't know about the steering of a Healy but the Roadster's is quite good
when all the parts are tight. My wheels start to turn immediately when I
move my steering wheel in either direction a slight bit. I don't think that
all the suspension pieces, when in good shape, are an impediment to good
steering although I am sure there is a lot of friction and some flex to
overcome. Maybe not as good a design as a rack and pinion but it's still not
bad.

Truth be told, many other Roadsters I have driven don't have steering nearly
as tight as mine. My steering box and idler came out of a 17,000 mile wreck
as did the frame.

Mike