Re: disk brake pad stops?

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: disk brake pad stops?
From: mtyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 08:37:32 -0600
Daniel Neuman wrote

>Hello All,
>       Help me out here I am getting hammered on a jag list for this.
>Do the front disc brakes on our cars not have some sort of positive stop on
>the pads to prevent metal on metal grinding when the pads are too thin?
>AND what jags came with the same front disk brakes as our cars?
>       Thanks,
>               Daniel 69 2000
>               SF CA

I just replaced front pads and the only thing I saw was a little metal
strip with a hole that's used for removing them from the caliper body
without removing the cylinders (at least that what it looks like in the
service manual) .  The front brakes wereshared with the E-Type (so I've
heard, and I don't know what years. )  If you go tho the apple hydraulic
site they have pics of Jag (Dunlop) cylinders that look just like our
guys.

-Marc