Re: Vaporlocking

To: neffster189@adelphia.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vaporlocking
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 14:37:15 EDT
Definitely check the vapor return valve on the carb inlet. Has a bimetallic
strip and valve inside. When it gets warm the valve opens recirculating fuel
to the tank. Works well at stopping vapor lock. I've taken a number apart in
my refurb efforts and you would be amazed how curdy some get on the inside. I
take them apart, clean and bead blast, install a new gasket. Also check the
bimetallic strip. If it is in backwards it will open when cold and close when
hot.