Re: soft top advice

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: soft top advice
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 10:06:38 -0500
This may be redundant. If so I apologize. I'm in the middle of preparing for
a job change involving a move and haven't been keeping up to date on list
posts the last couple of weeks.

Best reason for a zip out window in a convertible top is so the window
doesn't get folded (spindled and mutilated) when you put the top down. On
our 200 we were in the habit of just taking the top off and leaving in the
garage, particularly this time of year. Yes, we occasionally got cooked...,
and soaked. In 1970/71 I dealt with those sorts of things much better that I
do today at 54.

The new job is back with federal civil service, with the VA in Temple, TX,
about 120 miles south of DFW. I'll be shooting, editing, directing,
engineering, all the usual A/V stuff fulltime again, plus I'll be the
primary still photographer. I very pumped.

And yes, the Costs are getting Datsun obsessed neighbors. Well, not exactly
neighbors as our plans are to buy 8 to 10 acres out a bit from town and
build at least a six car garage/shop and a large woodshop in addition to the
house. I start work down there on April 22 and my last day at Radio Shack is
this coming Friday.

I'll be driving back weekends for the time being. We're figuring maybe July
to finish projects here and get the house ready to sell or (most likely)
rent, then Elayne will move down. Anybody in DFW need a place in south
Arlington, on I-20 at Green Oaks, with excellent access to both Fort Worth
and Dallas?

Later,
Ron