Re: 1600 5 speed swap?

To: "mike datsunman" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: 1600 5 speed swap?
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 22:28:36 -0400
Besides whats already said below, you have to cut out a new hole
for the shift knob, and cut off a cross brace in the tunnel.  The shifter
is about 4 inches farther forward.  You also probably have to cut a hole
for the speedo cable in the side of the tunnel and run the cable
under the carpet, unless you can find a right angle speedo drive.
But...its all worth it.  E-mail me sepcor if you want to see some
pics, or want to know more.  Mine is all apart right now, so I am
in an ideal way to take measurments or whatever is needed.

Jim
Chesapeake Va