Re: Carb Question

To: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Carb Question
From: snyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 11:54:41 -0600
At 11:11 PM -0500 1/4/03, datsunmike wrote:
>Forget them. There are no places in the US that sell jets, tubes, rebuild
>kits, etc. in the US or at least that have a full stock of them.
>
>I was going to buy a set and after I did a lot of internet searching came to
>the conclusion that it doesn't pay. Get Webers.
>
>However, unless your engine is heavily modified Webers are a waste of 'a
>lot' of money. That's my 'humble' opinion however. SUs are fine carbs and if
>you really want put on a set of 2000 SUs although it'll kill your bottom end
>or have your 1600 throttle shafts shaved.
>
>Mike

Has anyone put a single DGV (is that right?) weber on an R16?  Is
there a manifold for such an animal?
Not as sexy as dual carbs, perhaps, but better idling and no worries
about balancing.  AQnd considering there's only one, the $$$ might be
less than replacing or even seriously rebuilding SUs down the road.
-Marc
70 1600(STILL runing like crap after 3 months and chasing down all leads)