Re: Carb Question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Question
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 19:39:23 EST
  Allow me to throw in my tuppence, having had a pair of DHLA40's on my
Cortina for the last 15 years.
  Compared to Webers (DCOE's) they have throttle shafts mounted in sealed
rollerbearings,a wide variety of  jets, emul. tubes,  - even calibrated
veturis are available. The have a diaphragm accelerator pump, can be tuned
and balanced between each side of the carb,  and once tuned, they hold their
tune almost indefinately.

  Purchased new DHLA's are about $100US cheaper per unit compared to DCOE's,
and there's a gent on eBay that has had a ready suply (taken off Alfas) for
about $150/pr.  That leaves a nice pile of lucre to buy all of the tunable
bits you could ever want

  Dave Bean in CA (Lotus bits mostly) has a decent selection of jets and
emulsion tubes et c.

 Ryan  - as the original poster of this subject I'd be more that happy to let
you take a look at the set up on my Corty.(Good thing you're in town eh?)

Mark, not
Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC