Re: Carb Question

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb Question
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 18:51:17 -0500
VWs use downdraught carbs NOT sidedraughts and everything is different. As I
mentioned, you would need a variety of jets, emulsion tubes and not what to
get the carbs right and these parts are not available in the US. Dellortos are
very popular in Italy and Europe but not here. I have been through all of this
with a guy in Italy who is a distributor of Dellortos in Italy and he knew of
no one in the US who is a distributor after checking it out for me.

I also contacted all the previously mentioned places and their supply is
limited and somewhat pricey and their parts are for downdraughts. Why go
through all the hassles when you can buy Webers for not much more $$$$.

Mike