electrical problem solved - fuel flow question

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: electrical problem solved - fuel flow question
From: "datsun_sports" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:11:52 -0800
hi all,

thx for the info.  it was very informative. it turns out i jumped the gun.
my battery was very dead. checker charged and checked it for me. it turns
the car over like a champ. the gear reduction starter i got from Tom is
working great. easy to install and looks nice although you cant see it with
the carbs in place. i took some pictures and will try and post them this
weekend. the fuse i wired in place of the ammeter (which is bad) is still
getting a little warm. so i may have to install a new gauge before too long
i think.

fuel question: the fuel lines are empty as the car has been sitting and the
carbs are new so the bowls are empty as well. what is proper way to get the
lines filled so the car will start. should i just crank it over until the
fuel gets pumped to the carbs?

thx,

mike