RE: electrical problem solved - fuel flow question

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: electrical problem solved - fuel flow question
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 14:25:52 -0800
I really wouldn't advise using a pump driven by an electric drill to pump
gas! Spark + vapor = BOOM!

Before I switched to an electric pump, I used one of those cheap plastic
squeeze bottles for ketchup like the drive-ins use. I mad a cork gasket to
keep the gas from leaking out. The nozzle was just the right size to fit
into the fuel line. So, pull the line, pur in some gas, the carbs are
primed.

If you have to crank the engine over to get oil pressure up because you
don't have the trick tool to spin the pump, at least do your engine a favor
and pull the spark plugs so it isn't working against compression.