Re: Re:'70 1600

To: "Steve Ehlers" <stevenehlers@charter.net>, "snyler"
Subject: Re: Re:'70 1600
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 06:26:56 -0500
Pay an expert? That's a joke in the NYC area. The last time ('81) I brought
my Roadster to an 'expert' they left off the spacer to the fuel pump and
ruined the cam and the pump!!

I brought my Z to another 'expert' and told him to replace my front bearings
because of a shimmy and a whining noise. Of course they didn't listen and
replaced the tie rods, which were brand new, and the shimmy and whine were
still there. He wanted to charge me also for the bearings and I told him it
was his gift to me for not listening to me in the first place.

My first Z had a rust problem in the gas tank (car was 2 years old) and I
brought the car to a Datsun dealer. They wanted to replace the carbs rather
than change the fuel filter which I knew to be the problem.

'Experts' all!!!!!!

I work on all my cars and 'I' am the expert.

A little time spent thinking, problem solving and some tools can make anyone
an expert.

Mike