Re: '70 1600

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: '70 1600
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@fransfancies.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:54:09 -0800
Mike,

I went through a phase where I really wanted to take my car to someone else.  I
just could not bring myself to do it because I could never find a mechanic I
trusted.  A couple of years ago I found a mechanic I send single women to and
the
reliability of his service to them has been very good.  In one case the radiator
shop wanted $800 to change the heater core, the mechanic I sent her to charged
her $5.00 to fix the problem, and it was properly fixed.  That woman complains
about everything, but I have never heard her, or anyone else I sent there
complain.  Only compliments.

Now that I have a roadster again I find I enjoy working on all of my cars again
take on one and all, including smog systems and the big Ford 600 cabover truck I
just purchased.  I still can't bring myself to take my cars to someone else, and
my mistakes are learning experiences that still save me money.

Tranny's and front struts I will leave to people with experience and proper
tools, but most of the rest I will tackle myself unless there is a good reason,
like sending my carbs to Keith, for having someone else do the work.

Tom
69 2000
Portland