exhaust flexpipe length

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: exhaust flexpipe length
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:17:20 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
  My flexpipe is leaking badly.  A consequence of driving with Solex's that
were really unbalanced.  I see that JC Whitney has Stainless Steel flex
pipes for sale now.  I think I remember someone saying that there was a
limit to how long the flexible part of the pipe can be.  Does that sound
right to anybody?  Does anybody know what length that is?
I'm trying to fix all the various leaks in my intake and exhaust system
before I start on my cold air induction system.
  Daniel 69 2000
  Oakland CA