Re: OT? 300% license fee increase

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT? 300% license fee increase
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:17:20 -0800
I'll keep this short as politics IMHO is ill-advised on this list:

> the Governor and other Democrats of the State of California plan
> to increase ALL car related fees 300%!

Sorry, AFAIK that's not nearly true. Unless I badly misunderstand,
fees on my 35 year old cars will remain virtually the same. Newer cars
will see their fees revert to where they were only a few years ago (like 5,
not fifty...). And note the word 'revert'.

We need our politicians to spend their efforts on realistic economic
planning and not the media-centric posturing they're practicing. And
Californians need to figure out that when we're 30 BILLION in the hole
like it or not there's gonna be some cost adjustments.

I'll answer off-list responses but nothing on-list.

-- John