Re: moving the battery

To: Ian Miller <ianmiller07@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: moving the battery
From: Greg Burrows <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 20:01:51 -0700
Ian, I just moved mine using the kit from Summit Racing.  Pretty nice and pretty
inexpensive ($45 I think?), however I had to get a different battery (narrower)
than the regular battery I had as the box it came with was narrow.  You could
easily get a different box.  The cable was 0 size as I recall, maybe 2 (?).
They
gave you plenty, plus all the grommets and stuff you would need.  I had to cut
the mounting posts down on one in order to not hit the gas tank.  The only other
thing I wish I had done was to run a couple of transfer battery posts to the
engine compartment so I could run things like a timing light more easily.
Summit
has them if you want them, and the best prices I could find anywhere.
Greg Burrows
67 2000