RE: Next issue for the roadsters!

To: Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Subject: RE: Next issue for the roadsters!
From: "" <linob@sentex.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:24:40 -0400
Just thought I'd share a modern day comparison between MG/Triumph and Datsun.

I have a 2L solex '68, my brother just purchased a very nice '74 Tr6; he
thought his 'big 6' was faster then my 'little' 4 cyl, went away bitterly
disapointed. Move on to my good friend with a '59 MGA. We spent the winter
building B motor with .80 over pistons and head work, bringing it up to 2L -
still not as fast as the Roadster. Seeking more power, out comes the Visa and
$1800 later, a very nice Judson blower is under the hood - still no good versus
the Datsun. Next, a few more shillings for different pullies and more boost.
Still not enough.

At the end of the day...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that
we have a very unique blend of performance, style and rarity in our Roadsters
and we should all on this list be commended for our excellent automotive taste.

No offence to our British iron friends - I still enjoy the cars - just not as
much.

Cheers.