Re: Electric fans for 1600s?

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>,
Subject: Re: Electric fans for 1600s?
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:13:27 -0400
I've used electric fans for about 15 or more years on my 1600. The best fan
I've used is a 13" Spal which I bought from Racer Parts Wholesale. Not cheap
but definitely worth the $$$$. Not all fans are created = and the Spal is
the best.

I use a relay which is triggered from a lead on the coil and when I shut my
car off it stops the fan. I also have a thermostatic control which I can
overide by a switch in the car

However it does draw about 15 amps so I suggest a bigger alt.

It fits with the rad in place provided you use an early waterpump.

Mike