RE: rust repaire

To: "Autox \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rust repaire
From: "Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 11:52:12 -0700
The paint shop I used said that lead contributes to failure of a repair. The
lead eventually starts working its way out of the joint and...well you know
the rest. I'm sure it also does lots of other nasty things to cause a
breakdown, too, due to differences in how it reacts to different substances
and environments compared to steel. They removed all the lead out of the
joints on my car and used a filler, which they said bonds to the metal much
better and is not as reactive. Been a couple years now and no cobweb
cracking where they got the lead out.

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600