Re: Mounting roll bars in a '67

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>, SRAPL311@aol.com, noji-1@pacbell.net,
Subject: Re: Mounting roll bars in a '67
From: Jerry Krakauer <jsk977@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:49:59 -0400
I knew Lloyd Washington, he lived on the Queens, Long Island border, not far
from Belmont Park. We raced on the EMRA circuit in the early 70s. He had a
BS 510, but I never saw him in a roadster. As a mater of fact we bought a
junked SRL together, I took the engine, and he took the 5 speed for his 510.
One story about Lloyd that I'll pass along; around '71 a driver in a very
rare and fast Porsche, a 959 I think, lost it on the main straight at
Bridgehampton and hit a bridge abutment(my SRL would do in the low 130s on
that straight so he was well in excess of 150.
The car burst into flames and the corner workers were fighting the fire but
wouldn't go into the car to pull the driver out. Lloyd jumped out of his car
and went into the flames and pulled the driver out. Unfortunately, to no
avail, but a hero none the less.

Jerry Krakauer
SRL311 00099