RE: Body Shop Paint Specifications (2nd attempt)

To: "'E Scanlon'" <escanlon@worldaccessnet.com>,
Subject: RE: Body Shop Paint Specifications (2nd attempt)
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:45:19 +1030
Well said Enrique,
as a matter of fact in my experience, it works in reverse.
I asked my paint man what specs. HE wants the car prepared to.
Back to bare metal using chemical stripper, grind out all the filler
with a 3m Clean'n'Strip wheel, polish all the body with the same
wheel, spray the bare metal with CRC-556 to prevent rust forming and
he took it from there.
I always ask questions (it is called "picking brains") but it is his
daily business so he should know it by now!
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 PL510 2 door - at home, waiting patiently!
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290669159
Adelaide, South Australia.