Re: Winter roadster driving!

To: datsunmike@nyc.rr.com, marc@animalfirm.com
Subject: Re: Winter roadster driving!
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:44:17 EST
Hey Mike - I am a four wheel drive man, in addition to my roadsters.  Many
years ago when I had my Jeep Wrangler, I was talking with the service manager,
and he indicated that 90+ percent of the 4X4 owners NEVER took their rigs OFF
the pavement.  What a shame, with all the beautiful mountain passes and back
country roads I have traveled here in Colorado.

Most don't know how to drive and have a false sense of bravado with their 4 X
4's in the snow.  What a joke.  I have pulled more moron's out of the
snowbanks than I care to discuss, but I always tell them to sell it and quit
joking
themselves that they are safe.  Just recently sold my Suzuki Sidekick 4 X 4 and
got a new Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4 X 4.  Great in the snow with the new BF
Goodrich All Terrain XT tires.  A good 50% off-road, 50% highway tread design.

But I do remember the differential of sitting WAY HIGH compared to my
roadsters, and that the beast is about 2 1/2 times heavier, longer, wider and
don't
do corners like the roadster.  Maybe we should require big 4X4 owners to own a
roadster too, so they can understand the difference between a REAL car and
over glorified STATION WAGON (SUV) on sterroids.

Gary Lasater - Parker CO
founding member of www.WYCROC.org

1963 SPL310-00161C (the oldest roadster found)
1963 SPL310-00289B (single carb earliest one of the group)
1969 SRL311-12536 (licensed as a '70)
1970 SPL311-28169 (one of the last of the group)

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
wycroc_teeny.jpgjpg]