Re: Need a hood for '68 1600 - Got one + story!

To: "Marc Tyler" <marc@animalfirm.com>,
Subject: Re: Need a hood for '68 1600 - Got one + story!
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:23:10 -0500
No, mechanics do the same which is the reason I do 95% of the mechanical
repairs myself and have very knowledgible buddies do the rest for which I
don't have the equipment or knowledge.

Reminds me of the time my dad brought his 69 SS396 Camaro in for an oil
change and while they put in 6(?) quarts of new oil they forgot to drain the
old oil and locked the engine up when they tried to start it.

Or the time in the middle of the winter when I brought in my 240 to get the
front bearings replaced because I heard them 'humming' and a shimmy that
developed because of the bad bearings. The mechanic told me that I needed
tie rods but I told him mine were brand new. He didn't listen to me or the
car and replaced them and charged me for an alignment too only to have the
same problem. He replaced the bearings and had the nerve to charge me for
his #uck-up and the bearings. I gave him a check and then stopped it. Never
used that guy again.

Mike