Re: Shock absorbers

To: "Arthur R. Rockwell" <arthurrockwell@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Shock absorbers
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:00:39 -0600
Koni's are a good choice   They are adjustable.  I have Carreras that are
adjustable and work well for racing.  I used to use the KYB gas adjust
shocks but they did not work well.  They had too much gas presure and not
enough rebound damping.  It would allow the tires to pogo over bumps.  I
also found that the bump stops can cause handling headaches.  If you don't
trim enough off then they will contact under heavy cornering loads.  This
causes the wheel rate to go way up and you will loose all traction.  It is
pretty sudden and dramatic.

Andy

> Question:  I think my shocks are shot (at least two of them) because when
I go