Re: Re:misc questions

To: "paul g. reichert" <ocblue@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: Re:misc questions
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:07:07 -0600
Paul is quite correct about the side chrome.  I think that you will find that
more will break than come loose.  I finally gave up and just twisted them off.
I don't know if replacements are available.  I made my own.  Go to your local
hobby shop and get some strip brass.  Measure and scribe the brass to match
the original plates.  Before you cut, drill a hole in the center of each
segment.  Then cut the pieces.  Lay them on a hard surface and smack them with
plastic or rubber mallet to flatten them out.  Put a brass screw into each
segment and solder the head of the screw to the plate.  Use brass nuts and
washers and you will never have a problem again.

They may never be removed again.  But if they are you will be very glad that
you used brass!

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000