Re: Air horns & aftermarket air filters worth it for stock

To: Adam Bradley <ambradley@frontiernet.net>,
Subject: Re: Air horns & aftermarket air filters worth it for stock
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:25:51 -0600
> Adam:

> Do the K&N filters have an attachment for the PCV hose?

The ones that I bought did not, but APT also had/has nylon fittings that can
be used by punching a hole in the filter base, probably 5/8 or 3/4, or you
might find some hardware store brass fittings that'll work. I'd use a
Greenlee chassis punch for larger holes rather than a drill bit. The bases
aren't terribly thick so drilling probably would result in a ragged hole.
Thinking about it at auto supply stores I also remember seeing plastic
fittings with air/oil separators designed for use in domestic air cleaners.

I'd think it would be possible to find one can be adapted to our cars and
help cut down on much of the oil that otherwise would be sucked back into
the engine.

In any case not hard to come up with a fix.

RD