Re: Fw: Air horns & aftermarket air filters worth it for stock

To: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: Fw: Air horns & aftermarket air filters worth it for stock
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:45:07 -0600
The baffle in the valve cover (on my 2k anyway) does allow some oil mist to
pass.  It isn't a great deal but it won't take much to make a mess of the
filter.  An oil separator will take care of it.  It is actually a good thing
to have the vent attached to the intake.  It help suck the nasties from the
crankcase.  If you are getting more than just a slight amount it indicates
excessive blow-by from weak rings.

Just for grins, has anyone ever used the air injection ports on the manifold
for this purpose?  What PCV valve did you use?  I've thought about it but have
never tried to do it.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000