Re: Fasteners, ball joint material , specs

To: "andy cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Fasteners, ball joint material , specs
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:38:28 -0500
A delrin threaded shaft would not have a very high tensile or shear
strength compared to steel or even aluminum.  Perhaps the design uses
delrin for the socket in which the ball rides.  This would be
consistent with the use of delrin for suspension bushings, as far as
shock and other stresses, I would think.  But without a drawing I'm
just guessin'.

BTW looked up Mecedes ball joints for comparison.  Price..... no
comparison

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/replacement_sm/
mercedes~ball_joint~replacement.html?
apwcid=X1093010841W41260599c6350&apwkwd=Mercedes+Ball
+Joint&gclid=CPbhhamWp4cCFQ-eHgodFCGv8w

-Marc