Re: I hate trucks!!!!

To: Ronnie Day <ronday@tlabgalaxy.net>,
Subject: Re: I hate trucks!!!!
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 04:53:19 -0700 (PDT)
Mirror adjustment is just as important as good
mirrors.  Most people adjust the side mirror so they
see a piece of the rear quarter when glancing over
from a driving position.  This will leave a blind spot
just behind your door.  It feels wierd at first, but
the blind spot can all but be removed by adjusting the
side mirrors so that the last of the rear quarter can
be seen when you lean and bend your head all the way
to the left (or right for the passenger side).  That
way the car behind can be tracked the entire circle.
When he leaves the rear view mirror he appears in the
side view, when he leaves the side view, he is in your
field of vision.  It really works.  Most of y'all know
this already, but surprising how many folks do not.
This is not the way I was taught in drivers ed!