RE: I hate trucks!!!!

To: "alvin gogineni" <alvingogi@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: I hate trucks!!!!
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:00:42 -0700
Alvin,

I don't know if you drive larger vehicles or not.  Even in a stock GMC
Denali I look very closely for something like a Lotus Super 7 or Europa
before I change lanes.  These things are almost harder to see than our
roadsters, and I found a Europa in my blind spot this summer.  With 7
passengers in the car it can be a little harder to see other cars,
especially if they have are holding something that partially blocks your
view in some way.

As to those high-techy things people wear in their ears.  They are GREAT!!.
My friends don't call me at work very often, but with all of the hours I
drive for a living I do receive business calls I need to answer at times.
The wireless headset lets me keep my hands on the wheel and my head free to
watch traffic without risking getting tangled up in a cord of some kind.  In
Mr. Hyde I can use one hand to shift gears without having a cell phone in my
hand.  If you have the right one it will work in the roadster with the top
down.  Logitech guarantees their Bluetooth headset to work in a convertible,
and from experience I can tell you that it does.

Glad to see your damage was not anything serious.  I worry about these big
rigs coming over the rear of Mr. Hyde.  That is really what I consider the
roll bar for as a safety item.  If I remember correctly someone had that
happen a couple of years ago, and the roadster was not pretty to look at
afterwards.

I was told by a former LA police officer that they watch the little pocket
rockets for three things, which if found gives them the right to tow the
car.

Headlights below the legal minimum height, which happens to be the length of
the night stick at the center of the headlight.
Excessive tinting on the front door windows
And I can't remember if the third was too little ground clearance or
excessive exhaust noise.

If you fail all three they can tow your car.  Is there a similar standard
for excessive height?

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland