Re: [Roadsters] X-country trip

To: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] X-country trip
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 12:18:35 -0500
Peter,

First and foremost, a cell phone should be on the list. A list of
"\Roadster friendly" folks along the way. We put one of these together
about a decade ago, including what "services" and spare parts/expertise
were available.

I'd carry water, and oil, and a list of the spare parts that are at home
where someone can find them  and overnight to you if needed.

I bought my second Roadster over the internet and flew from Austin Texas
to Los Angeles to pick it up and drive it home. I had to stop at one
point and replace the head gasket, but that was all I needed. I figured
that the closer to Austin I got the less it would cost me to have it
shipped. We drove in without any other problem.

Please let the list know when and by what route you plan on traveling so
we can possibly meet up with you for a meal or something.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake peter harrison:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001