Re: [Roadsters] '63 1500 Description Comments from Newbie

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] '63 1500 Description Comments from Newbie
From: Ruth <ruth@earlydatsun.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 06:00:58 +1000
Fair enough. In that case, on my first reading of the description I
was under the impression that the car had been in his family since new.

Admit it, that's how it reads. Unless it is brought to your attention.

He has deliberately worded the description so as to make it seem that
he has more of a history with this particular car than he actually
has. That's deceptive, in my book, even if he is technically correct.
And nowhere does it say "this model car" as you claim. From the
auction wording:  Since this car was purchased brand new in late
1962, going on 46 years ago, someone in my family has wanted this
car...  Over the last nearly 1/2-century various members of my
family, friends and acquaintances have wanted this car, including
me.  The complete history is known on this car.  I grew up loving
this car,

It repeatedly says "this car". I and anyone with a functional
comprehension of the English language would take this to read "this
particular car" NOT "this model of car".

The impression gained from the description is that he personally
knows the history, not that he has been told it.

You're right, it doesn't say anything refutable about family. You
seem to have read the auction posting fairly carefully. You didn't
write it, did you???