[Roadsters] OT: Living room speakers and speaker wire

To: "'Datsun Roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] OT: Living room speakers and speaker wire
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:32:32 -0800
Currently have the living room gutted, and had one of those "while we're at
it" thoughts.

We're moving the TV downstairs to the family room, but plan to leave a
decent stereo upstairs. I figured running speaker wires inside the framing
and maybe using in-wall speakers would be cleaner. This is just a stereo,
not some humongous home entertainment system. I figure left, right and,
hopefully, a subwoofer.

My stereo knowledge is from the 70's. Did some Googling, but everything is
geared to BIGGER! BIGGER! BIGGER! With 40 gazillion features and crap that
cost "only" hundreds of dollars.

Haven't talked to any of the local shops yet.

Can anyone offer some basic advice and/or point me in the right direction?
Offlist, of course.

Thanks.

Pete "you can work on the cars when the living room is done"