Re: [Roadsters] OT: Living room speakers and speaker wire

To: "John Wightman" <johnwightman@shaw.ca>, "Pete Peters"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OT: Living room speakers and speaker wire
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 19:25:16 -0800
From: "John Wightman" <johnwightman@shaw.ca>

> Copper is copper - all the "monster" hype is just that, IMHO, and in  the
> opinion of my electrical engineer father. Therefore, basic (and  cheap)
> speaker wire a la radio shack will do you just fine.

I have to concur with John. A google search should also confirm it. Also
applies to HDMI cables, why spend $150-$200+ dollars on a cable when a $15
cable works just as well...?

While you're at it....? Make sure you use a cable large enough for the power
applied (16 or 14 awg should suffice for most). I would spend the money on
the 'terminals' at the wall rather than just having the wire hang out (not
applicable for in wall speakers). Also, if you can find one for the wall
behind the stereo, it really gives it a much cleaner look, and can be easier
to hook up.

Make sure you have a good, sealed, vapour barrier on all the outside walls.
It is best to follow the local building codes.

Daryl
18+ years electrifying homes, offices, and industrial buildings in the
southeast corner of BC.