Re: [Roadsters] Instrument lighting

To: "'speeddemonrs'" <speeddemonrs@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Instrument lighting
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:23:18 +1030
The dash illumination lamps are powered from pin 7 of the LIGHT switch.
The switch needs to be on of course.
However, the feed goes throug the DIMMER rheostat, so unless there is
continuity through it, the lamps will not get power.
This schematic will help you determine the problem.
http://tinyurl.com/59cokt
The DIMMER can be easily bridged out if you find it faulty [two RED/BLUE
wires], you will just have maximum brightness all the time.
Not sure why the ammeter is disconnected, but, if you don't want to use it
and your battery is getting charged OK, fair enough.

"I still cannot figure out what is wrong with the dash lighting though.
Looking under the dash the only wires that I see not connected are to the
Ammeter which, having recently completing the GM alternator conversion,
isn't needed anyway. So - is there some hidden fuse location or particular
connection that I should be checking?
1966 1600 SPL"
_