Re: [Roadsters] Fifth Gear Neutral

To: aultgc@att.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Fifth Gear Neutral
From: jover4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:19:58 -0500
Gary,

?

I think you can buy a splined 5th gear to fix this problem.? This would be a
better fix than a keyed gear.? I recently had my?5 speed rebuilt and had a
friend weld the gear to the inner ring.? It worked out well.? I would use one
of these two fixes rather than engineer a keyed solution.??You may be thinking
of a cost effective solution but I don't think you can broach a keyway on a
hardened gear.? It would need to be ground.? I think the cost of an exchange
welded gear wouldn't cost much more than you trying to get someone to grind the
id keyway on your gear!?

?

Just my thoughts.? Good luck.

?