Re: [Roadsters] 1600 tuning issues

To: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>, Datsun Owners List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, Roy Haslett <hrhaslett@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 1600 tuning issues
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:49:30 -0800 (PST)
Sure sounds like a timing issue (especially with the run-on).  If this was a
2000 I would guess you were a tooth off on your timing chain, but that would
be much less common/probable with the short 1600 chain.  It did this all of a
sudden?  Did you have a rough start or something that could have caused it to
jump timing?  Since you cannot adjust at the dizzy, it might be worth a
look...

Mike Harper, CAI, AARE
Harper Auction & Realty
843-729-4996