Re: [Roadsters] Heater Blower Motor

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Heater Blower Motor
From: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 00:00:16 -0800
1)take th e puppy out and try it on a bench - there is a two-phase reostat
inside the heater  box - perhaps it is malfunctioning.
The fan/motor is quite simple - but it does  run through the rheostat
as far as fixing - ther must be TONS od these available through the list
2) what rubber piece - sureley you can fabricate
3) good time to replace the worn out foam pads that direct the heat
4) have the core checked out by a radiator guy - mine siggested NOT  painting
due to potential odor - but??

Peter Harrison
818 448 3181

> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 12:59:52 -0800
> From: wattaj@yahoo.com
> To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Roadsters] Heater Blower Motor
>
> Greetings,
>
> I finally diagnosed why the previous owner never bothered to
> re-hook up the heater controls.  I traced the wires and reconnected them to
> the blower but no luck.  I am getting good power to the motor and the
ground
> is good, but the motor does not run.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on
> where these motors can be repaired?  Does anyone supply replacement motors?
> am also looking for the rubber piece that goes between the blower and the
> heater box.
>
> Thanks,
> Alan
> 1967.5