Re: [Roadsters] Heater Blower Motor

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Heater Blower Motor
From: Graeme Suckling <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:55:03 +1030
My idea on the reason is to keep the resistor AIR COOLED and protected.
It is a wire wound resistor and as such is a perfect exposed heating
element.
If it wasn't inside the heater enclosure, imagine the fluff and stuff
that would settle on the "element" resulting in a ........FIRE:'(
I had to fit all the heater parts to my '65 and I used a late model GM
heater resistor in the stock location.
All it does is give you selection of the full12V and a few settings of
less than 12v to vary the speed of the blower motor
Works fine:-)

Regards,
Graeme Suckling
http://tinyurl.com/6n5aza