fot

Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge

To: bwarner@mediaone.net, n196x@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:45:14 EST
In a message dated 98-11-04 20:09:59 EST, bwarner@mediaone.net writes:

<< Dear Folks:
 I appreciate the invitation, and I would really like to bring the Group
 44 TR-6, but bear in mind that even 25 years ago it ran with some pretty
 agressive cantilever tires (10" footprint), trick gears, acid dipped,
 Mercedes halfshafts, and all the other Group 44 tricks that Bob T. could
 get by the SCCA.  It still has all these goodies and will get around
 Lime Rock at 1:00 or Savannah in a 1:21, so this may not be a fair car
 in relationship to other TR-6's.  Let's face it, the car is a ringer,
 but it is a 1972 ringer, not a 1998 ringer.   Please advise if you still
 want it.   Bill Warner >>

Bill,

Of course we want it and you. We are not trying to establish a level field. We
want cars that represent faithfully the products of these two companies in
their various states of racing trim. We will come up with a scoring system
that awards points for more than winning racetrack performance. If you think
you can finish first in the race, fine, do it. I think you will have
competition.

See you at Mid-Ohio.

Jack Woehrle