fot

Assistance with TR3 inspection/justification

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Assistance with TR3 inspection/justification
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 07:23:54 EST
Earlier this week, I by chance encountered at an auto parts store with another
TR3 owner who casually mentioned he was thinking about selling his car. He had
the car at the store, so I had a chance to give it an initial once over. He
has owned the car for over twenty years. It is very complete and original -
with one possible exception, the color. It is very hard to describe - it is a
faded metallic blue green. I personally have never seen another triumph with
this color paint (even if I imagine the car color before the fading in San
Diego's sun) He claims that it is the original paint (or so he was told when
he purchased the car). Anyone know whether this was a factory paint option ?

 When I look more closely at the car, I going to look for indications that the
car was repainted over the original color. However,  remember reading
somewhere that a few TR3 where imported into Southern California in primer and
customed paint for customers. Is there anything that would indicate the car
was imported in primer ?

Okay, now for most important assistance of all. How to you justify to your
wife why you purchased another triumph ? Remember, she is a smart lady.