fot

Re: Race car restoration questions...

To: DLMAssoc@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Race car restoration questions...
From: mike jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 19:45:54 -0800
Opinions are like noses, everyone has one, me too.  As they say, it's
also worth what you paid for it, nothing.  So, ultimately, you gotta do
what your heart tells you.  So, here's the free opinion:

A later note says you ain't interested in selling that car and starting
again so I'll keep that one to myself.

I enjoy racing with other TRs so would be thrilled to see you restore
the car to a stage that allows joining us, basically no major flares or
slicks.  Chances are virtually all other developments on the car would
be overlooked by most, including the FOT, unless you started whupping us
all regularly. Heaven knows many of us have some less than vintage parts
in some areas of the car.  Tires and driving are the real equalizers as
long as we've still got TR blocks and heads.

As for running with the race group that will allow the fenders and
slicks, better be ready to be waaay humble, you're gonna get wasted, big
time.  No quantity of fenders and tires will hold off the competition
and it's not going to be nearly as much fun as running with the rest of
us.

One last incentive, come on down to Sebring, Moroso, Homestead and
Daytona and run with our vintage SCCA group.  You can run so many events
between SCCA, HSR and SVRA that your kid will nearly starve.  But leave
the flares and slicks at home.

mike jackson